What features should you look for in a POS system?
When a retail store grows beyond the basic needs of just checking out and needs to progress to a better system that can respond to customer demands and manage inventory and pricing, it is time to move from a cash register to a Point of Sales (POS) system.
Retailers with knowledge of the benefits of the POS system, start directly with a dependable and powerful point of sales solution, rather than with a cash register.
There are a few things that you must consider when considering which POS solution is best suited for your business, including:
Inventory and purchasing management
- Track and manage inventory.
- Inventory replenishment and PO creation
- Handling multiple inventory types like standard, kit, lot, matrix inventories
- Handling unlimited number of items and pack sizes
- Supporting multiple vendors for the same item, their prices and lead time
Find more detailed information about inventory and purchasing management at:
- Speed, especially for high traffic business like grocery stores
- Ability to access item prices, promotions, discounts, quantity discounts etc.
- Handle multiple tax rates and currencies
- Ability to put a transaction on hold and recall
- Ability recall transactions for returns
- Offering customer specific prices and discounts
Find more detailed information about transaction processing at:
Payment card processing
- Ability to connect POS directly to service providers
- Connect to the service providers through the internet directly from POS terminal
- Ability to process multiple type of cards like Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover etc.
Find more detailed information about credit card processing at:
Sales and Promotions
- Ability to discount individual items or whole transactions
- Multiple discount types like Buy X, get Y free, mix and match, price schedule etc.
- Assign customer specific price levels
- Loyalty programs
- Automatic enable/disable discounts on predefined date and time
Find more detailed information about sales and promotion at:
- Setting up customer specific pricing and discounts
- Ability to reprint invoices and recall transactions for return
- Setup customer information, family members and important dates
- Send promotions to customer based on their birthday/anniversary dates
- Sending customer statements and generating customer emails
- Provide revolving credit facility to the customers
Find more detailed information about customer management at:
- Instant access to purchasing, payment and account information
- Remind customers who forget items they normally purchase
- Use customer data to help create mailings targeted directly to customers’ special interests.
- Broadcast Net Display Channels to customers waiting in line, including pre-selected websites, web pages, and ads.
Find more detailed information about marketing at:
- Extensive and relevant reporting
- Customizable reports
- Form customization to put logos, addresses and other information on invoices, POs etc.
- Preview, print, or export data in multiple formats.
- Filter, hide, sort, and group data the way you want.
Find more detailed information about reporting at:
About AccSoft Business Solutions:
AccSoft provides POS software, hardware and setup for single and multi-store retailers. If you are looking for any help with your POS, please feel free to reach us at the contact information below: